The Oregon Forest & Industries Council (OFIC) is a statewide trade association representing forestland owners and forest products manufacturing firms. Its members own more than 90 percent of Oregon’s private, large-owner forestland base. OFIC’s core mission is to advocate on behalf of its members to maintain a positive, stable business operating environment for Oregon’s forest products community that fosters long-term investments in healthy forests; to ensure a reliable timber supply from Oregon’s public and private forestlands; and to promote stewardship and sustainable management of forestlands that protect environmental values and maintain productive uses on all forestlands.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will work with the Director of Public Affairs to assist OFIC and its member companies create and execute a multi-year community/grassroots engagement strategy. This person will play an integral role supporting and coordinating a diverse portfolio of member efforts to engage within their respective local communities.
The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, self-motivated, outgoing, comfortable in diverse social settings, and a good team player able to take input from association members, other staff members, and affiliated interests to identify and implement successful grassroots strategies.
Applicants should have a combination of education and work experience in natural resource, communications and policy that demonstrates the experience and skills to perform the duties of this position.
This position is based out of Salem, Oregon.
Anticipated start date: February 2018
• Identification, development and implementation of strategies to expand the timber industry’s community presence where OFIC members operate or own forestland in Oregon.
• Regular meetings with OFIC members and stakeholders to identify community needs and engagement opportunities.
• Content creation for members to present in public forums, including presentations, hand-outs, and digital media.
• Regular representation of OFIC members at community events and local government meetings, including taking public positions that actively advocate for the industry.
• Assist OFIC members to identify, prioritize and cultivate lasting relationships with community members.
• Identify and create opportunities and advocacy events for grassroots partnerships/relationships that raise awareness of the timber industry’s presence, shared community values, environmental contributions, and sustainable forest practices.
• Work with the Director of Public Affairs to align community relations activities and strategies with OFIC’s larger public affairs and digital grassroots advocacy.
• Willingness to engage in frequent, independent travel throughout Oregon and often attend meetings held during the evening.
|Job Title:||Community Outreach Coordinator
|Company and Location:||Oregon Forest & Industries Council (OFIC) Salem, OR
|Skills and Experience Required:||
|Educational Background Required/Desired:||
|Compensation & Benefits:||
|How to Apply:||Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.|