Banfield Pet Hospital is seeking an External Communications Manager whose primary purpose and function is to help ensure the success of the practice by promoting and protecting the brand through creating, overseeing and leading public relations campaigns, managing issues and crisis communications, increasing brand recognition and positive brand reputation through thought leadership efforts and initiatives.
|Job Title:||Public Relations Manager|
|Company and Location:||Banfield Pet Hospital, Vancouver, WA|
|Skills and Experience Required:||• Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
• Support the development of short and long-term strategies for external communications including PR campaigns and thought leadership opportunities for Banfield.
• Lead the Issues & Crisis Management Team, managing crisis communications for the practice.
• Oversee external communications and media outreach for Banfield’s charitable arm, the Banfield Foundation.
• Manage PR and crisis agency partners as well as relationships with Mars and PetSmart, participating in regular meetings and providing oversight of integration opportunities.
• Develop and coach spokes-doctors regarding all media interviews and campaigns.
• Partner with social media team to manage escalated issues and track reputation risks; partner to raise awareness for and promote Banfield’s CSR efforts and PR campaigns.
• Create and manage annual budget for external communications and agency partners.
• Manage relationships with all City of Vancouver, building partners, Portland/Vancouver based media and other local stakeholders.
• Monitor 24-hour Media Hotline.
• Other job duties as assigned.
|Educational Background Required/Desired:||• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism or Communications required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Eight years of relevant professional experience in communications, public relations, journalism, or associated profession required.
• Solid understanding public and media relations required.
• Must have skills in crisis communications.
• Prior communications agency experience preferred.
• Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
|Contact Person:||Tasha Haraguchi, Sr. Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Banfield Pet Hospital
Mailing Address: 18101 SE 6th Way
City/State/Zip: Vancouver, WA 98683
Phone No.: 360.784.5000
Email Address: Tasha.email@example.com
|How to Apply:||Apply at https://banfield.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=CEN000LY|
|Deadline:||Open until filled.|