Mac’s List is seeking an Administrative Associate to help our team be more efficient, productive, and service oriented. The Administrative Associate will manage logistics and scheduling, provide research support, and maintain internal records. He or she will also be the front-line point of contact with our customers, callers, and the occasional office visitor.
Mac’s List is Oregon’s number one online community for creative employment in all sectors, public, private and nonprofit. We’re also a growing national brand, developing and delivering informational products to help job seekers around the country find meaningful and rewarding work. We are a socially-minded entrepreneurial organization, and expect to attain B-Corp certification by the end of 2016.
In collaboration with the full Mac’s List team, the administrative associate will provide support we need to grow our already-successful organization.
|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant|
|Job Type:||Full-time position located in Portland, OR.|
|Responsibilities:||• Maintain and monitor the work calendar and files for Mac Prichard,
founder and publisher of Mac’s List.
• Manage all scheduling for the Find Your Dream Job podcast, including the
arrangement of pre-interviews, recording sessions, posting of content,
and other logistical requirements.
• Provide second-to-none customer service via email, phone, and in-person.
• Respond to level-one customer and reader inquiries; delegating more
complex issues to the appropriate Mac’s List staff person.
• Conduct online research to support Mac’s List’s business objectives and
new product development.
• Copy edit, proof and posting content on the Mac’s List website, newsletter
lists, and social accounts, according to established internal guidelines.
• Assist in outreach efforts to prospective customers and readers.
• Provide in-person support at Mac’s List networking events (Requires
occasional evening work; 8-12 times per year).
• Other duties as assigned by the publisher or managing director.
|Qualifications:||• A college degree and three to five years professional experience.
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to write in a clear and concise manner, free of typos and other
• A near-maniacal attention to detail.
• Positive, enthusiastic and professional attitude.
• Experience with Google products, especially Calendar, Docs, and Sheets.
• Comfort with a fast-paced, fluid work atmosphere.
• Knowledge of Schedule Once or similar software..
• Familiarity with WordPress or other website management tool.
|Compensation:||Salary: $30,000 to $40,000, depending on experience. Compensation also includes 50% employer contribution to the monthly medical insurance premium, two weeks paid vacation, paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s holiday, 10 paid holidays, and 12 sick days. Employees receive an employer 401(k) contribution and a third week of vacation after one year.
|Supervisor:||Ben Forstag, Mac’s List, managing director|
|How to Apply:||If interested in applying for this position, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please use the email subject line “Mac’s List Administrative Associate” and include a link to your LinkedIn profile. We will accept applications until the position is filled.|