Better Communications® (BC) empowers companies to make written communications a competitive asset.
||Marketing & Communications Specialist (OR)
||Full-time position located in Portland, OR.
||Marketing and Communications Specialist works to support overall Chapter marketing and communications efforts under the leadership of the Executive Director which includes increased relations with constituents, measurably increases concern and awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and the Alzheimer’s Association, and meets the Associations strategic priorities.
Communications and Marketing Duties
- Under the direction of the Executive Director, support and coordinate Chapter efforts to raise positive awareness of the Alzheimer’s Association throughout the Oregon Chapter; and promote: (1) use of Association services and programs by individuals, families and professionals dealing with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders; (2) engagement in advocacy and public policy, (3) participation in constituent and relationship fund raising events, (4) acceleration of research and (5) general public concern and awareness.
- Coordinate Chapter online communication and social media activities, including via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media; Convio; and the Chapter web site, online calendars, and blog.
- Coordinate media relations activities, including:
- Conduct local media outreach to promote Chapter activities including, but not limited to Chapter Advocacy Day, Advocacy Forum, The Longest Day, Walk to End Alzheimer’s, National Alzheimer’s Disease Awareness/National Caregivers Month and ongoing monthly programs and services.
- Coordinate fulfillment and track results of media sponsorship agreements, including providing public service announcements in requested formats and scheduling interviews for public affairs opportunities.
- Assist with graphic design and copywriting/copy editing: create flyers, brochures and other collateral
- Provide project and administrative support to the Chapter Executive Director, including coordinating collateral requests, coordinating planning and strategy sessions, and tracking/maintaining data for required reporting
- Work with the leadership team to advance the mission and priority areas of the Strategic Plan.
- Develop department work plan based on Strategic Plan and provides deliverables in plan.
- Promote the following as part of trainings and presentations: raising awareness, advocacy, research participation, increased use of Helpline and online assessment and referral programs, and early stage programs.
- Other duties as assigned
Other Job Functions
- Work closely with Chapter leadership and managers as part of a team effort to identify needs, implement new initiatives/programs and evaluate program effectiveness.
- Maintain accurate records and databases. Meet reporting deadlines.
- Participate in Chapter activities, as required, such as WALK to End Alzheimer’s, Town Hall, health fairs, etc.
- Keep Executive Director informed of critical issues and developments and make presentations to Board of Directors as needed.
|Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/marketing or other related field or two years equivalent or related work experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; knowledge of Associated Press (AP) writing style a plus.
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to represent the Alzheimer’s community in a variety of settings.
- Excellent customer service skills when working with internal and external clients.
- Deadline and detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Experience and comfort navigating and using social media tools.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn new software/technology.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Chapter territory on a limited basis (upto 10%).
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion.
- Basic knowledge of and comfort with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Understanding of search engine optimization and search engine marketing.
- Able to advocate and represent the Alzheimer’s community in a variety of settings.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
| How to Apply:
|| Send resume and cover letter.By email: email@example.com
Alzheimer’s Association, National Office
225 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60601
If apply ing by e-mail, please attach your resume and cover letter as Microsoft Word documents, or include both within the text of your e-mail message.