Banfield Pet Hospital is 900 hospitals strong – and growing. Everyone at Banfield shares a common goal: providing high‐quality preventive health care for each pet, and partnering with every pet owner to ensure they have the resources to care for pets at home.
||Internal Communications Manager
||The primary purpose and function of the Internal Communications Manager is to drive Banfield’s culture and business forward through ensuring all associates have the right information at the right time. This position will ensure the implementation and successful adoption of a communication strategy within Banfield.
|Experience and Skills:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Support the development of strategy and implementation plans for the effective creation, management, maintenance, use and monitoring of Banfield communication and collaboration platforms to ensure they meet the needs of Banfield associates and build community engagement.
- Monitor trends and community activity to inform plans for content creation.
- Lead National Field Leadership (NFL) event, Banfield’s annual leadership event for over 700 associates
- Develop NFL strategy in partnership with Director, create content, manage logistics and coordinate multiple activities.
- Manage and inspire direct reports and team.
- Partner with the team’s Director to reshape internal communications at Banfield, including protocols, cascade process, developing infrastructure and creating new communication methods.
- Create, write, and edit compelling content that inspires, educates and connects audiences.
- Act as a trusted coach and advisor to senior leaders and project leaders to influence and enhance communications strategies.
- Develop and cascade clear, concise messages for key Banfield events and campaigns to facilitate understanding and delivery of business goals.
- Actively develop personal communication skills, knowledge and best practices.
- Advocate and reinforce the use of gold standards in communications.
- Other job duties as assigned.
|Educational Background Required/Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism or Communications required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience in communications, employee engagement, public relations or marketing required.
- Solid understanding of internal communication and engagement techniques and best practices required.
- Must have skills in coaching and influencing senior leaders, key stakeholders and peers.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and attention to detail required.
- Experience with change management communications and managing significant organizational change initiatives preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Open until filled
Tasha Haraguchi, Sr. Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Banfield Pet Hospital
8000 NE Tillamook St.
Portland, OR 97213
|How to Apply: